To promote and protect the health, well-being and self sufficiency of all residents of Crow Wing County.
Disease Prevention & Control
The following services and information is provided by the department to prevent the spread of diseases:
- Assist and conduct infectious disease investigations
- Communicable disease prevention, education, and follow up to control the spread of disease
- Coordinate with the Minnesota Department of Health on case investigation
- Diseases and conditions
- Immunization Records and information
Health and food safety is promoted and maintained by these services:
- Foodborne illness hotline - 877-366-3455
- Information / referral for food safety complaints
- Methamphetamine education
- Public health ordinances
Take It To The Box - Crow Wing County Medication Disposal
There are now free medication disposal boxes located at 3 sites in Crow Wing County. The "drop off" box at each site will accept unneeded over-the-counter medications, prescriptions and narcotic drugs.
The sheriff provides information about the Release Advanced Planning (RAP), which is a program to help inmates transition successfully back into society.
If you are ill, see your health care provider. To report an emergency, call 911.
If you are a physician needing to report an infectious disease, please call 651-201-5414 or 877-676-5414.
To report a natural or man-made emergency that may have serious public health consequences for the community, call the Minnesota Department of Health Emergency Operations at 651-201-5735