Crow Wing County is “Minnesota’s Favorite Place” because it lives out its mission of maintaining and enhancing parks, recreation, and open space for Crow Wing County residents and visitors by providing diverse recreational opportunities that are accessible to people of all ages and abilities, while preserving the county's high quality natural areas and open space.
Check out the Free Trails App
- Motorized/Multi Use Trails
- Off-Highway Motorcycle Trails
- Hunter / Hiker Trails
- Cross Country Ski Trails
- Snowmobile Trails
Please help Crow Wing County protect the forest and maintain safety by not traveling on forest trails temporarily closed.
Safety Tips & Regulations
- Be respectful of other non-motorized users
- Enjoy your quiet time and all that the forest has to offer, however, please do not abuse the resource
- Please abide by the regulations as stated at trail heads
- Please pick up all garbage and litter
- Please check the Minnesota DNR website to verify if a trail pass/registration is required
- Please report any violations to Crow Wing County Land Services at 218-824-1010 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Comprehensive Recreation Trails Plan and Trail Proposals
In February, 2012, the Crow Wing County Board approved the Crow Wing County Comprehensive Recreation Trails Plan. The plan addressed existing and proposed recreation trails that serve a full range of motorized and non-motorized uses, including ATV routes, equestrian trails, biking, hiking, dog-sledding, skiing, snowmobiling, and other trail based recreation types.
The Plan established a consistent five step planning process for the proposal and development of recreation trails. The process provides for public consultation and formal approval from the County Board.
Other Brainerd Lakes Area Trails and Information