Responsibilities & Services
Crow Wing County Emergency Management coordinates with local, state, and federal agencies to preserve life, property, and the well-being of our citizens from natural, technological, and man-made disasters.
Warnings and Alerts: Keeping Ahead of the Storm
Minnesotans should listen to a NOAA Weather Radio, commercial radio and television for the latest winter storm warnings, watches and advisories. The National Weather Service issues outlooks, watches, warnings and advisories for all winter weather hazards. Here’s what they mean and what to do.
- OUTLOOK: Winter storm conditions are possible in the next 2-5 days. Stay tuned to local media for updates.
- WATCH: Winter storm conditions are possible within the next 36-48 hours. Prepare now!
- WARNING: Life-threatening severe winter conditions have begun or will begin within 24 hours. Act now.
- ADVISORY: Winter weather conditions are expected to cause significant inconveniences and may be hazardous. If you are cautious, these situations should not be life threatening. Electronic equipment is available to receive weather information: NOAA Weather Radio, radio, television, and cellphone.
Fact Sheet: NWS- Winter Weather Terms
For more information on SKYWARN, visit National Weather Service - Duluth
ptember is National Preparedness Month
Outdoor Warning Sirens are tested on the 1st Wednesday of the Month at 1:00 p.m.
Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza (HPAI)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 6 Ways to Prevent Poultry Disease
- Guidance for Hunters - Protect Yourself and Your Birds From Avian Influenza